Why Choose Align Probiotic
What are probiotics?
Simply put, probiotics are good bacteria that are essential for many vital body functions, including healthy digestion. Your body needs beneficial bacteria for a number of things, including healthy digestion. Common issues such as diet, changes in schedule, travel, and stress can disrupt your natural balance of good bacteria. Probiotics are increasingly being used and evaluated to help maintain digestive balance.
Not all probiotics are alike Probiotics are identified by the genus, species or subspecies, and strain. For example, here is how to identify Bifidobacterium 35624™, the strain available only in Align®:
The strain determines the benefit
The concept of a bacterial “strain” is similar to the breed of a dog—all dogs are the same genus and species, but there are different breeds of dogs. The same way, different probiotic strains can have different effects. Only Align contains the strain Bifidobacterium 35624™ for 24/7 digestive support.§* This clinically studied strain naturally helps fortify your digestive system so you can maintain digestive balance.*
What should I look for in a probiotic?
According to the guidelines called “Probiotics: A Consumer Guide for Making Smart Choices” unveiled by the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics (ISAPP), there are five criteria that consumers should consider when selecting a probiotic: probiotic strain, proof, packaging, quality, and quantity.
See how Align meets these criteria and is a good option for people wanting to help promote and support a healthy digestive system.*
- Probiotic Strain: Bifidobacterium 35624™is the unique, patented, pure-strain probiotic ingredient only found in Align that can help promote and support a healthy digestive system.*
- Proof: Bifidobacterium 35624™ has been the subject of several clinical studies and has been featured in peer-reviewed journals.
- Packaging: Align contains 1 x 109 (1 billion) (4 mg) live bacteria/CFU when manufactured, and provides an effective level of bacteria (1 x 107 CFU) until the “best by” date. Align capsules come in specially designed blister packs that ensure bacteria remain alive and effective until the “best by” date on the box.
- Quality and Quantity: Align is the #1 doctor recommended probiotic‡. As well, DNA testing confirms the identity of Align. The packaging and labeling meet all World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations by clearly stating:
- Strain: Bifidobacterium 35624™
- Colony-forming units (CFU): Contains 1 x 109 (1 billion) (4 mg) live bacteria/CFU when manufactured, and provides an effective level of bacteria (1 x 107 CFU)
- Suggested serving size: One capsule daily
- Health benefits: Helps promote and support a healthy digestive system
- Proper storage conditions: Store at room temperature; no refrigeration required.
- Corporate contact information: You can email us or call (800) 208-0112
How is Align different from probiotic yogurts?
While some yogurts contain bacteria to confer benefits consistent with those of a probiotic supplement, yogurt in the United States is not required to contain any live cultures, and results from tests of yogurt products show a wide range in the levels of live bacteria. The delivery of probiotics in either yogurt or fermented milk is limited by the need for cold storage and an associated shorter shelf life. Additionally, many people may have trouble consuming sufficiently large quantities of these products. Align is different because only Align contains Bifidobacterium 35624™, a patented probiotic strain, available in a convenient capsule form.
§Fortifies your digestive system 24/7 with continued daily use.*
‡Among Gastroenterologists who recommended a brand of probiotic in a ProVoice 2008-2018 survey.
‡Among Doctors who recommended a brand of probiotic in ProVoice 2013-2018 surveys.