5 Ways to Improve Your Digestive Health
When it comes to health, we often think a lot about our weight or our appearance. However, your digestive health is just as important, and it works hand in hand with your other body systems. In fact, when your digestive system is healthy, your whole body works best. Learn five ways to help support your digestive health below.
1. Exercise daily. We live in a very sedentary world. We sit at work, in the car, and on our sofas. In order to be healthy in any aspect, it’s important to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. Start by taking daily walks or joining a weekly exercise class.
2. Eat a balanced diet. A well-balanced diet is easier to eat than you may think. It’s all about moderation and knowing what you’re eating. Try to be intentional about the choices you make. Make sure to include lots of high-fiber food, lean meats and leafy greens. Things like fried foods and sugary drinks can be enjoyed on occasion but shouldn’t be routine indulgences.
3. Include a probiotic supplement in your diet. There are a lot of good microorganisms (like bacteria and yeasts) living inside your intestinal system. Your body needs good microorganisms like bacteria and yeasts for a number of things, including healthy digestion. Sometimes they may need some help. Including a digestive health supplement like Align probiotic in your daily regimen may help your digestive health.* Plus, it’s the #1 gastroenterologist recommended probiotic brand‡.
4. Take a prebiotic supplement. As previously mentioned, good bacteria like bacteria and yeasts are essential to support a healthy digestive system. Prebiotics may also help your digestive system. Prebiotics are what the good bacteria in your gut eats. They help more of the good bacteria grow to promote digestive health*. Align Prebiotic + Probiotic Gummies are a simple way to include prebiotics and probiotics into your routine.
5. Relax. It’s important to not let stress impact your overall health, and importantly your gut health. Give your body and mind the time they need to rest and recuperate. Start by adding five minutes of relaxation to your day. Meditate. Read. Stretch. Do anything that will help you de-stress and relax.
Incorporate the above suggestions to be well on your way to digestive health. If you have additional needs or concerns, consult your doctor.